The Holy Ghost can open your mind and heart to messages in the word of God that are meant just for you. What do you feel the Lord wants you to learn this week?
Amos 1: Amos shows the Lord’s judgments upon Syria, the Philistines, Tyre, Edom, and Ammon.
Amos 2: The Lord will pour out judgments upon Moab, Judah, and Israel for their unrighteousness.
Amos 3: The Lord reveals His secrets unto His servants the prophets—Because Israel rejects the prophets and follows evil, the nation is overwhelmed by an adversary.
Amos 4: The Lord withholds rain, sends famine and pestilence, and destroys gardens and vineyards as judgments upon His people, yet they do not return unto the Lord.
Amos 5: The people of Israel are exhorted to seek the Lord and do good so that they may live—Their sacrifices to false gods are abhorrent.
Amos 6: Woe to them who are at ease in Zion—Israel will be plagued with desolation.
Amos 7: Amos relates how he was called of God to be a prophet—He prophesies the captivity of Israel.
Amos 8: Amos prophesies the downfall of Israel—There will be a famine of hearing the word of the Lord.
Amos 9: Israel will be sifted among all nations—In the last days, the people of Israel will be gathered again into their own land, and it will become productive.
Obadiah : Obadiah prophesies the downfall of Edom—Saviors will stand upon Mount Zion.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- “We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet,” Hymns, no. 19.
- God Reveals His Secrets (Amos 3:7)
- Old Testament Seminary Student Material: Introduction to the Book of Amos
- Old Testament Seminary Student Material: Lesson 152: Amos; Obadiah
- Old Testament Study Guide for Home-Study Seminary Students: Unit 30: Day 4, Amos
- Old Testament Study Guide for Home-Study Seminary Students: Unit 31: Day 1, Obadiah
- Old Testament Institute Student Manual Kings-Malachi: Amos: The Lord Reveals His Secrets to His Servants the Prophets
- Old Testament Institute Student Manual Kings-Malachi: Prophecies of a Latter-day Gathering(Jeremiah 23; 30–31; 33; 46–51; Obadiah)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: Old Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 35, God Reveals His Secrets to His Prophets, Administration, August 17, 2014
- The Sôd of YHWH and the Endowment, William J. Hamblin, April 12, 2013
Resources on Other Sites
- Amos through Malachi: Major Teachings of the Twelve Prophets, Blair G. Van Dyke and D. Kelly Ogden, Religious Educator 4, no. 3 (2003): 61–88.
- Amos: The Lord Reveals His Secrets to His Servants the Prophets, Old Testament Student Manual Kings–Malachi (1982), 89–96
- Invoking the Council as Witnesses in Amos 3:13, David E. Bokovoy, Journal of Biblical Literature, Volume 127, no. 1
- Moroni Expounds Old Testament Scriptures, Sidney B. Sperry, Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 4, no. 1.
- Scriptural Perspectives on How to Survive the Calamities of the Last Days, Hugh W. Nibley, BYU Studies, Volume 25, no. 1
- The Great and Dreadful Day of the Lord: The Anatomy of an Expression, Dana M. Pike, BYU Studies 41, no. 2.