When we read the scriptures with a question in mind and with a sincere desire to understand what Heavenly Father wants us to know, we invite the Holy Ghost to inspire us. As you read Matthew 6–7, pay attention to these impressions.
Matthew 6: Jesus continues the Sermon on the Mount—He teaches the disciples the Lord’s Prayer—They are commanded to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
Matthew 7: Jesus concludes the Sermon on the Mount—He commands, Judge not; ask of God; beware of false prophets—He promises salvation to those who do the will of the Father.
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 9: February 20–26, Jonn Claybaugh
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 9
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 9B
- The Strait and Narrow Path, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 9, “Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God”