The Savior used the scriptures both to resist Satan’s temptations and to testify of His own divine mission (see Luke 4:1-21). Ponder how the scriptures can build your faith and your resolve to resist temptation.
Matthew 4: Jesus fasts forty days and is tempted—He begins His ministry, calls disciples, and heals the sick.
Luke 4: Jesus fasts forty days and is tempted by the devil—Jesus announces His divine sonship in Nazareth and is rejected—He casts out a devil in Capernaum, heals Peter’s mother-in-law, and preaches and heals throughout Galilee.
Luke 5: Peter, the fisherman, is called to catch men—Jesus heals a leper—He forgives sins and heals a paralytic—Matthew is called—The sick need a physician—New wine must be put in new bottles.
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 6: January 30–February 5, Jonn Claybaugh
- The New Testament in Context: Come, Follow Me Lesson 6
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 6
- Jesus Christ and the Exodus, Hales Swift
- Luke 4-6 and Matthew 10. Faithfully Responding to God’s Call, Taylor Halverson
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 4, “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 6, “They Straightway Left Their Nets”
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Lesson 6: New Testament Customs—Anointed One
- Lesson 6: New Testament Customs—Worship in the Synagogue
- Peter Walks On Water
- Lesson 6: New Testament Customs—Purse and Scrip
- Keys Restored
- Follow Me, and I Will Make You Fishers of Men (Matthew 4:18-22)
- Jesus Declares He Is the Messiah (Luke 4:15-30)
- Jesus Heals a Possessed Man (Luke 4:33-37)
- Jesus' Use of the Psalms in Matthew, Frank F. Judd Jr.
- Come Follow Me – Matthew 4; Luke 4-5, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- The Temptations of Jesus, Messages of Christ
- Our Savior in the Gospels: Matthew 3-4 & John 1-2: The Baptism of Jesus
- Our Savior in the Gospels: Luke 4-5: Rejectiat Nazareth
- Our Savior in the Gospels: Luke 5-6: The Calling of the Twelve
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 4; Luke 4–5, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Matthew 4, Luke 4-5, Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me For Individuals and Families: Matthew 4; Luke 4-5, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: Matthew 4; Luke 4-5, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me Podcast #6 “The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Me”, Matthew 4; Luke 4-5, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 4; Luke 4–5, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” February 4–10: “The Spirit of the Lord Is upon Me”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: Christ Heals the Brokenhearted, LDS Living