Begin by reading Matthew 3; Mark 1 and Luke 3. As you pray for the Holy Ghost to help you understand these chapters, He will give you insights that are especially for you. Record these impressions, and make plans to act on them.
Matthew 3: John the Baptist preaches in Judæa—Jesus is baptized, and the Father acclaims Him as His Beloved Son.
Mark 1: Jesus is baptized by John—He preaches the gospel, calls disciples, casts out devils, heals the sick, and cleanses a leper.
Luke 3: John the Baptist preaches and baptizes—Jesus is baptized, and God acclaims Him as His Son—Jesus’ genealogy back to Adam is given.
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 5: January 23–29, Jonn Claybaugh
- The New Testament in Context: Come, Follow Me Lesson 5
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 5
- Who were the Pharisees and Sadducees?, Hales Swift
- The Gospel of Mark with Julie Smith
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 4, “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 7, “[He] Took Our Infirmities, and Bare Our Sicknesses”
- John the Baptist: The Miracle and the Mission, RoseAnn Benson
- Baptism, Terry B. Ball
- The Doctrine of Baptism: Immersions at Qumran and the Baptisms of John, the Earliest Christians, and Book of Mormon Peoples, Daniel L. Belnap
- Simon Peter in Capernaum: An Archaeological Survey of the First-Century Village, Frank F. Judd Jr.
- Come Follow Me – Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Our Savior in the Gospels: Matthew 3-4 & John 1-2: The Baptism of Jesus
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Matthew 3, Mark 1, Luke 3, Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3: ‘Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord’, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #5 “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord”, Matthew 3, Mark 1, Luke 3, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” January 28–February 3: “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: Keep on the Covenant Path, LDS Living