Abinadi’s words caused a mighty change in at least one member of King Noah’s court (see Mosiah 17:2–4). Read Mosiah 11–17 with a prayer in your heart that you will receive impressions about how you can change.
Mosiah 11: King Noah rules in wickedness—He revels in riotous living with his wives and concubines—Abinadi prophesies that the people will be taken into bondage—His life is sought by King Noah. About 160–150 B.C.
Mosiah 12: Abinadi is imprisoned for prophesying the destruction of the people and the death of King Noah—The false priests quote the scriptures and pretend to keep the law of Moses—Abinadi begins to teach them the Ten Commandments. About 148 B.C.
Mosiah 13: Abinadi is protected by divine power—He teaches the Ten Commandments—Salvation does not come by the law of Moses alone—God Himself will make an atonement and redeem His people. About 148 B.C.
Mosiah 14: Isaiah speaks messianically—The Messiah’s humiliation and sufferings are set forth—He makes His soul an offering for sin and makes intercession for transgressors—Compare Isaiah 53. About 148 B.C.
Mosiah 15: How Christ is both the Father and the Son—He will make intercession and bear the transgressions of His people—They and all the holy prophets are His seed—He brings to pass the Resurrection—Little children have eternal life. About 148 B.C.
Mosiah 16: God redeems men from their lost and fallen state—Those who are carnal remain as though there were no redemption—Christ brings to pass a resurrection to endless life or to endless damnation. About 148 B.C.
Mosiah 17: Alma believes and writes the words of Abinadi—Abinadi suffers death by fire—He prophesies disease and death by fire upon his murderers. About 148 B.C.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- I Will Be Valiant, Children’s Songbook, 162
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Labor Diligently to Write: The Ancient Making of a Modern Scripture — Chapters 12 & 13, Brant A. Gardner
- Abinadi: A Minor Prophet, A Major Contributor, Andrew C. Smith, April 6, 2018
- Approaching Abinadi, Stephen O. Smoot, April 6, 2018
- “He Did Go About Secretly”: Additional Thoughts on the Literary Use of Alma’s Name, Matthew L. Bowen, November 24, 2017
- Deuteronomy 17:14–20 as Criteria for Book of Mormon Kingship, Taylor Halverson, February 24, 2017
- “This Son Shall Comfort Us”: An Onomastic Tale of Two Noahs, Matthew L. Bowen, February 3, 2017
- Alma — Young Man, Hidden Prophet, Matthew L. Bowen, April 22, 2016
- Nephi’s Good Inclusio, Matthew L. Bowen, November 20, 2015
- The Doctrine of Resurrection in the Book of Mormon, A. Keith Thompson, July 31, 2015
- In His Footsteps: Ammon₁ and Ammon₂, Val Larsen, January 11, 2013
Resources on Other Sites
- Come Follow Me 2020: Mosiah 11-17, Book of Mormon Central
- Why Does the Book of Mormon Mention Wine, Vineyards, and Wine-presses?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #88
- Why Does the Book of Mosiah Refer to the Exodus Narrative?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #516
- How Does The Book of Mormon Use a Hebrew Pun on King Noah’s Name?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #406
- Why Did Abinadi Use a Disguise?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #310
- Why Would Noah’s Priests Quiz Abinadi on Isaiah?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #89
- Were Nephite Prophets Familiar with the Passover Tradition?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #420
- Did Abinadi Prophesy During Pentecost?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #90
- Why Did Abinadi Talk About the Suffering Messiah?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #91
- How is Christ Both the Father and the Son?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #92
- Why Does Abinadi Use the Phrase the Bands of Death"?", Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #93
- Why Did Abinadi Stretch Forth His Hand as He Prophesied?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #94
- Why Did Book of Mormon Prophets Speak of Future Events as if They Had Already Happened?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #95
- Why was Abinadi Scourged with Faggots?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #96