President Thomas S. Monson taught, “As we read and ponder the scriptures, we will experience the sweet whisperings of the Spirit to our souls” (“We Never Walk Alone,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2013, 122).
Mosiah 18: Alma preaches in private—He sets forth the covenant of baptism and baptizes at the waters of Mormon—He organizes the Church of Christ and ordains priests—They support themselves and teach the people—Alma and his people flee from King Noah into the wilderness. About 147–145 B.C.
Mosiah 19: Gideon seeks to slay King Noah—The Lamanites invade the land—King Noah suffers death by fire—Limhi rules as a tributary monarch. About 145–121 B.C.
Mosiah 20: Some Lamanite daughters are abducted by the priests of Noah—The Lamanites wage war upon Limhi and his people—The Lamanite hosts are repulsed and pacified. About 145–123 B.C.
Mosiah 21: Limhi’s people are smitten and defeated by the Lamanites—Limhi’s people meet Ammon and are converted—They tell Ammon of the twenty-four Jaredite plates. About 122–121 B.C.
Mosiah 22: Plans are made for the people to escape from Lamanite bondage—The Lamanites are made drunk—The people escape, return to Zarahemla, and become subject to King Mosiah. About 121–120 B.C.
Mosiah 23: An account of Alma and the people of the Lord, who were driven into the wilderness by the people of King Noah.
Mosiah 24: Amulon persecutes Alma and his people—They are to be put to death if they pray—The Lord makes their burdens seem light—He delivers them from bondage, and they return to Zarahemla. About 145–120 B.C.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Baptism, Children’s Songbook, 100–101
- We Never Walk Alone, President Thomas S. Monson, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2013, 122
- Matthew 3:16
- Romans 6:3–5
- 3 Nephi 11:21–28
- Doctrine and Covenants 20:72–74
- Doctrine and Covenants 20:37, 77, 79
- Our Hearts Knit as One, President Henry B. Eyring, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2008, 68–71
- Mosiah 12:1–8, 14–15
- Mosiah 9:16–18
- Mosiah 11:19
- I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee, President Thomas S. Monson, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2013, 85–87
- Doctrine and Covenants 20:73, 77–79
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 19, “None Could Deliver Them but the Lord”, Administration, March 29, 2016
- The Possibility of Janus Parallelism in the Book of Mormon, Jeff Lindsay, January 5, 2018
- “He Did Go About Secretly”: Additional Thoughts on the Literary Use of Alma’s Name, Matthew L. Bowen, November 24, 2017
- The Divine Council in the Hebrew Bible and the Book of Mormon, Stephen O. Smoot, November 3, 2017
- “This Son Shall Comfort Us”: An Onomastic Tale of Two Noahs, Matthew L. Bowen, February 3, 2017
- Alma — Young Man, Hidden Prophet, Matthew L. Bowen, April 22, 2016
- “Most Desirable Above All Things”: Onomastic Play on Mary and Mormon in the Book of Mormon, Matthew L. Bowen, November 21, 2014
- In His Footsteps: Ammon₁ and Ammon₂, Val Larsen, January 11, 2013
Resources on Other Sites
- At Baptism, What Do We Covenant to Do?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #97
- Why is the Sabbath Day Needed?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #303
- Why Did the Nephites Practice Baptism?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #320
- Why did the Lamanites Break Their Treaty with King Limhi?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #98
- How Can We Stop the Cycle of Revenge?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #381
- Which Nephite King Had the Gift of Interpretation?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #99
- Why Did King Limhi Think Gideon’s Escape Plan Would Work?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #100
- What Does the Book of Mormon Teach about the Priesthood?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #289
- Why Does the Book of Mosiah Talk So Much About Priesthood Authority?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #101
- How Does the Lord Make our Burdens Light?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #102
- Why Should We Take the Time to Give Thanks to God?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #238