As you read, the Spirit may bring to your attention certain phrases or passages. Write down how you feel that those passages apply to you.
Mosiah 7: Ammon finds the land of Lehi-Nephi, where Limhi is king—Limhi’s people are in bondage to the Lamanites—Limhi recounts their history—A prophet (Abinadi) had testified that Christ is the God and Father of all things—Those who sow filthiness reap the whirlwind, and those who put their trust in the Lord will be delivered. About 121 B.C.
Mosiah 8: Ammon teaches the people of Limhi—He learns of the twenty-four Jaredite plates—Ancient records can be translated by seers—No gift is greater than seership. About 121 B.C.
Mosiah 9: Zeniff leads a group from Zarahemla to possess the land of Lehi-Nephi—The Lamanite king permits them to inherit the land—There is war between the Lamanites and Zeniff’s people. About 200–187 B.C.
Mosiah 10: King Laman dies—His people are wild and ferocious and believe in false traditions—Zeniff and his people prevail against them. About 187–160 B.C.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Book of Mormon Stories, Children’s Songbook, 118–19
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- The City of Lehi-Nephi Name Change – by J. Theodore Brandley, Administration, August 9, 2017
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 17, “A Seer-Becometh a Great Benefit to His Fellow Beings”, Administration, March 29, 2016
- What Did the Interpreters (Urim and Thummim) Look Like?, Stan Spencer, September 6, 2019
- “Possess the Land in Peace”: Zeniff’s Ironic Wordplay on Shilom, Matthew L. Bowen, February 9, 2018
- Gazelem the Jaredite, Elliott Jolley, October 13, 2017
- “O Ye Fair Ones” — Revisited, Matthew L. Bowen, June 23, 2016
- Nephi’s Good Inclusio, Matthew L. Bowen, November 20, 2015
- Limhi’s Discourse: Proximity and Distance in Teaching, Loren Blake Spendlove, November 15, 2013
- In His Footsteps: Ammon₁ and Ammon₂, Val Larsen, January 11, 2013
Resources on Other Sites
- How Do the Covenants in the Scriptures Apply to Me Today?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #369
- Why Are Mormon’s Extensive Quotations of Limhi Significant?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #85
- What Do We Know About the "Anthon Transcript"?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #515
- What Do the Kinderhook Plates Reveal About Joseph Smith’s Gift of Translation?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #454
- Why is a Seer Greater than a Prophet?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #86
- Why Does the Book of Mormon Mention Cimeters?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #472
- How Can Barley in the Book of Mormon Feed Faith? , Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #87