President Dallin H. Oaks taught: “The scriptures, which are the revelations of the past, cannot be understood without openness to the revelations of the present. … A study of the scriptures enables men and women to receive revelations” (“Scripture Reading and Revelation,” Ensign, Jan. 1995, 7).
Matthew 11: Jesus acclaims John as more than a prophet—The cities of Chorazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum are rebuked for unbelief—The Son reveals the Father—The yoke of Christ is easy, and His burden is light.
Matthew 12: Jesus proclaims Himself Lord of the Sabbath and heals on the Sabbath day—He is accused of casting out devils through the power of Beelzebub—He speaks of blasphemy against the Holy Ghost and says that an evil and adulterous generation seeks signs.
Luke 11: Jesus gives the Lord’s Prayer—He discusses the casting out of devils—He acclaims Himself as greater than Jonah and Solomon—He rebukes the Pharisees and says that the blood of all the prophets may be required of their generation.
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 12: March 13–19, Jonn Claybaugh
- The New Testament in Context: Come, Follow Me Lesson 12
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 11
- Matthew 11 and Luke 7, 11-13. Coming Unto Christ and Learning of Him, Taylor Halverson
- The Yoke of Christ: A Light Burden Heavy With Meaning, Jeff Lindsay
- Come Follow Me – Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7, 11, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 10–12; Mark 2; Luke 7; 11, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me: Matthew 10 12; Mark 2; Luke 7 &11, Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: Lesson Helps for Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7, 11, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: Lesson Helps for Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7, 11, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #11—“These Twelve Jesus Sent Forth”, Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7;11, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 10–12; Mark 2; Luke 7; 11, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” March 11–17: “These Twelve Jesus Sent Forth”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: He Will Give You Rest, LDS Living