Begin by reading Matthew 3; Mark 1 and Luke 3. As you pray for the Holy Ghost to help you understand these chapters, He will give you insights that are especially for you. Record these impressions, and make plans to act on them.
Matthew 3: John the Baptist preaches in Judæa—Jesus is baptized, and the Father acclaims Him as His Beloved Son.
Mark 1: Jesus is baptized by John—He preaches the gospel, calls disciples, casts out devils, heals the sick, and cleanses a leper.
Luke 3: John the Baptist preaches and baptizes—Jesus is baptized, and God acclaims Him as His Son—Jesus’ genealogy back to Adam is given.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- The Baptism of Jesus (Matthew 3:13-17)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 5
- Who were the Pharisees and Sadducees?, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 4, “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 7, “[He] Took Our Infirmities, and Bare Our Sicknesses”
- The Gospel of Mark with Julie Smith
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Matthew 3, Mark 1, Luke 3, Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3: ‘Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord’, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #5 “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord”, Matthew 3, Mark 1, Luke 3, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3, BYU Studies