As you prayerfully read 1 Corinthians 8–13, the Holy Ghost may speak to you in subtle ways (see 1 Kings 19:11–12). Recording these impressions will help you recall the feelings and thoughts you had during your study.
1 Corinthians 8: There are many gods and many lords—To us there is one God (the Father) and one Lord, who is Christ.
1 Corinthians 9: Paul rejoices in his Christian liberty—He preaches the gospel to all without charge—He is all things to all men to gain converts.
1 Corinthians 10: Christ is the God of Israel and the spiritual Rock that guided them—Ancient Israel rebelled against Christ—Paul contrasts true and false sacraments.
1 Corinthians 11: Paul speaks of certain customs of hair and grooming—Heresies will arise that test and prove the faithful—The sacramental emblems are partaken in remembrance of the flesh and blood of Christ—Beware of partaking unworthily.
1 Corinthians 12: The Holy Ghost reveals that Jesus is the Christ—Spiritual gifts are present among the Saints—Apostles, prophets, and miracles are found in the true Church.
1 Corinthians 13: Paul discusses the high status of charity—Charity, a pure love, excels and exceeds almost all else.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Charity Never Faileth (1 Corinthians 13)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 34, “Keep the Ordinances, As I Delivered Them”
- “Keep the Ordinances, As I Have Delivered Them” 1 Corinthians 11-16, Taylor Halverson
- Unveiling Women’s Veils of Authority, Lynne Hilton Wilson