Moroni knew what it felt like to be alone in a wicked world—especially after his father died in battle and the Nephites were destroyed. “I even remain alone,” he wrote. “I have not friends nor whither to go” (Mormon 8:3, 5). Things may have seemed hopeless, but Moroni found hope in Jesus Christ and his testimony that “the eternal purposes of the Lord shall roll on” (Mormon 8:22). And Moroni knew that a key part of those eternal purposes would be the Book of Mormon—the record he was now diligently completing, the record that would one day bring many people “to the knowledge of Christ” (Mormon 8:16; 9:36). Moroni’s faith in these promises made it possible for him to declare to the future readers of this book, “I speak unto you as if ye were present,” and “I know that ye shall have my words” (Mormon 8:35; 9:30). Now we do have his words, and the Lord’s work is rolling forth, in part because Mormon and Moroni stayed true to their mission, even when they were alone.
Mormon 7: Mormon invites the Lamanites of the latter days to believe in Christ, accept His gospel, and be saved—All who believe the Bible will also believe the Book of Mormon. About A.D. 385.
Mormon 8: The Lamanites seek out and destroy the Nephites—The Book of Mormon will come forth by the power of God—Woes pronounced upon those who breathe out wrath and strife against the work of the Lord—The Nephite record will come forth in a day of wickedness, degeneracy, and apostasy. About A.D. 400–421.
Mormon 9: Moroni calls upon those who do not believe in Christ to repent—He proclaims a God of miracles, who gives revelations and pours out gifts and signs upon the faithful—Miracles cease because of unbelief—Signs follow those who believe—Men are exhorted to be wise and keep the commandments. About A.D. 401–21.
- Interpreter Radio: The Book of Mormon in Context Lesson 45
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 43: Mormon 7-9, Jonn Claybaugh
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon Lesson 43 (Mormon 7-9)
- Discipleship As the World Collapses Around You, by Loren Blake Spendlove, Jun 4, 2021
- Labor Diligently to Write: The Ancient Making of a Modern Scripture — Chapter 18: Mormon Chapter III (6–7), Brant A. Gardner
- “Come unto Me” as a Technical Gospel Term, Noel B. Reynolds, January 4, 2019
- An Ancient Survival Guide: John Bytheway’s Look at Moroni, Jared Riddick, August 31, 2018
- The Book of Mormon Versus the Consensus of Scholars: Surprises from the Disputed Longer Ending of Mark, Part 2, Jeff Lindsay, July 7, 2017
- The Book of Mormon Versus the Consensus of Scholars: Surprises from the Disputed Longer Ending of Mark, Part 1, Jeff Lindsay, June 30, 2017
- “See That Ye Are Not Lifted Up”: The Name Zoram and Its Paronomastic Pejoration, Matthew L. Bowen, March 18, 2016
- Dissenters: Portraying the Church as Wrong So They can be Right Without It, Brian C. Hales, May 9, 2014
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 44, “I Speak unto You As If Ye Were Present”, December 4, 2016
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 43, “How Could Ye Have Departed from the Ways of the Lord?”, October 23, 2016
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 1, “The Keystone of Our Religion”, November 8, 2015
- Come, Follow Me—Home and Church: Book of Mormon 2024, Lesson 45
- Moroni Invites All to Come unto Christ | Mormon 8–9; Moroni 1, 10; Title Page
- Mormon 7 to 9 “I Speak unto You As If Ye Were Present”, BYU Studies
- Mormon and Moroni: Father and Son, BYU Religious Studies Center
- Preach the Gospel to Every Creature, BYU Religious Studies Center
- Mormon 7-9, John W. Welch Notes
- What Do We Know About Nephite Language?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #583
- Why Did Moroni Write So Many Farewells?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #233
- Are There Other Ancient Records Like the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #407
- How Can the Book of Mormon Survivors Give Us Hope?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #393
- Why Does Part of the Long Ending of Mark Show Up in the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #522
- Why Did Moroni Conclude His Father’s Record with 22 Commands?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #234
- Why Did Mormon and Moroni Write in Reformed Egyptian?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #513
- Why is the Book of Mormon So Important to the Restoration?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #281
- Discussions on the Book of Mormon – Mormon 7-9