Nephi taught that Isaiah’s words “are plain unto all those that are filled with the spirit of prophecy” (2 Nephi 25:4). As you read, seek the spirit of prophecy by preparing yourself spiritually, listening to the Spirit, and recording your impressions.
2 Nephi 11: Jacob saw his Redeemer—The law of Moses typifies Christ and proves He will come. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 12: Isaiah sees the latter-day temple, gathering of Israel, and millennial judgment and peace—The proud and wicked will be brought low at the Second Coming—Compare Isaiah 2. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 13: Judah and Jerusalem will be punished for their disobedience—The Lord pleads for and judges His people—The daughters of Zion are cursed and tormented for their worldliness—Compare Isaiah 3. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 14: Zion and her daughters will be redeemed and cleansed in the millennial day—Compare Isaiah 4. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 15: The Lord’s vineyard (Israel) will become desolate, and His people will be scattered—Woes will come upon them in their apostate and scattered state—The Lord will lift an ensign and gather Israel—Compare Isaiah 5. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 16: Isaiah sees the Lord—Isaiah’s sins are forgiven—He is called to prophesy—He prophesies of the rejection by the Jews of Christ’s teachings—A remnant will return—Compare Isaiah 6. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 17: Ephraim and Syria wage war against Judah—Christ will be born of a virgin—Compare Isaiah 7. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 18: Christ will be as a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense—Seek the Lord, not peeping wizards—Turn to the law and to the testimony for guidance—Compare Isaiah 8. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 19: Isaiah speaks messianically—The people in darkness will see a great light—Unto us a child is born—He will be the Prince of Peace and will reign on David’s throne—Compare Isaiah 9. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 20: The destruction of Assyria is a type of the destruction of the wicked at the Second Coming—Few people will be left after the Lord comes again—The remnant of Jacob will return in that day—Compare Isaiah 10. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 21: The stem of Jesse (Christ) will judge in righteousness—The knowledge of God will cover the earth in the Millennium—The Lord will raise an ensign and gather Israel—Compare Isaiah 11. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 22: In the millennial day all men will praise the Lord—He will dwell among them—Compare Isaiah 12. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 23: The destruction of Babylon is a type of the destruction at the Second Coming—It will be a day of wrath and vengeance—Babylon (the world) will fall forever—Compare Isaiah 13. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 24: Israel will be gathered and will enjoy millennial rest—Lucifer was cast out of heaven for rebellion—Israel will triumph over Babylon (the world)—Compare Isaiah 14. About 559–545 B.C.
2 Nephi 25: Nephi glories in plainness—Isaiah’s prophecies will be understood in the last days—The Jews will return from Babylon, crucify the Messiah, and be scattered and scourged—They will be restored when they believe in the Messiah—He will first come six hundred years after Lehi left Jerusalem—The Nephites keep the law of Moses and believe in Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel. About 559–545 B.C.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Aaronic Priesthood Quorums and Young Women Classes: Doctrinal Topics 2020 (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- I Love to See the Temple, Children’s Songbook, 95
- Who Was Isaiah? (Ensign Weekly Book of Mormon Insights)
- 2 Nephi 11–25 (Ensign Support Articles and Activities)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 8: 2 Nephi 11-25, Jonn Claybaugh
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon Lesson 8 (2 Nephi 11-25)
- Why Does Nephi Include So Much Isaiah (2 Nephi 11), Hales Swift
- Labor Diligently to Write: The Ancient Making of a Modern Scripture — Chapters 12 & 13, Brant A. Gardner
- LDS Perspectives Podcast: Nephi and Isaiah with Joseph Spencer, LDS Perspectives, November 11, 2016
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 9, “My Soul Delighteth in the Words of Isaiah”, February 8, 2016
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 1, “The Keystone of Our Religion”, November 8, 2015
- Gentiles in the Book of Mormon, John Hilton III, Ryan Sharp, Brad Wilcox and Jaron Hansen, September 20, 2019
- “And They Shall Be Had Again”: Onomastic Allusions to Joseph in Moses 1:41 in View of the So-called Canon Formula, Matthew L. Bowen, June 21, 2019
- “Thou Art the Fruit of My Loins”: The Interrelated Symbolism and Meanings of the Names Joseph and Ephraim in Ancient Scripture,, Matthew L. Bowen, April 13, 2018
- Deuteronomy 17:14–20 as Criteria for Book of Mormon Kingship, Taylor Halverson, February 24, 2017
- Nephi’s Use of Inverted Parallels, Dennis Newton, October 7, 2016
- Nephi’s Change of Heart, Dennis Newton, June 17, 2016
- Onomastic Wordplay on Joseph and Benjamin and Gezera Shawa in the Book of Mormon, Matthew L. Bowen, February 19, 2016
- Was Joseph Smith Smarter Than the Average Fourth Year Hebrew Student? Finding a Restoration-Significant Hebraism in Book of Mormon Isaiah, Paul Y. Hoskisson, October 23, 2015
- Nephi: A Postmodernist Reading, Benjamin L. McGuire, September 5, 2014
Resources on Other Sites
- Come Follow Me 2020: 2 Nephi 11-25, Book of Mormon Central
- 2 Nephi 11-25, John W. Welch Notes
- Why Does Isaiah Prophesy of the Daughter of Zion?, Book of Mormon Central
- Understanding Isaiah, Come Follow Me Lesson for 2 Nephi 11–25 (Feb 17–23), Taylor Halverson and Tyler Griffin
- Come Follow Me 2 Nephi 11-25 (Feb. 17-23), Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me Podcast #8: “We Rejoice in Christ”, 2 Nephi 11-25, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: “We Rejoice in Christ” 2 Nephi 11-25, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: “We Rejoice in Christ”, 2 Nephi 11-25, Meridian Magazine
- 2 Nephi 11 to 25 – “We Rejoice in Christ”, BYU Studies
- Come to Understanding and Learn Doctrine, BYU Religious Studies Center
- A Comparison of Book of Mormon, Bible, and Traditional Teachings on the Doctrines of Salvation, BYU Religious Studies Center
- God Will Fulfill His Covenants with the House of Israel, BYU Religious Studies Center
- Nephi, Isaiah, and the Latter-day Restoration, BYU Religious Studies Center
- Isaiah Variants in the Book of Mormon, BYU Religious Studies Center
- The Message to the Jews with Special Emphasis on 2 Nephi 25, BYU Religious Studies Center
- We Labor Diligently to Persuade Our Children to Believe in Christ: 2 Nephi 25:21 to 26:11, BYU Religious Studies Center
- February 17-23, 2020 Come, Follow Me Songs, Music for Latter-day Life
- What Vision Guides Nephi’s Choice of Isaiah Chapters?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #38
- Who Are the Witnesses of Christ in 2 Nephi?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #37
- Why Did Nephi Use Chiasmus to Testify of Christ?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #271
- Does Chiasmus Prove Anything about the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #358
- Can Textual Studies Help Readers Understand the Isaiah Chapters in 2 Nephi? , Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #39
- Has the Prophecy of the Lord’s House Established in the Mountains been Fulfilled?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #41
- Why Do Early Nephite Prophets Speak about the Scattering of the Jews?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #42
- How Does Nephi Use Isaiah to Teach Us to Avoid Pride?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #48
- How Did Nephi Read Isaiah as a Witness of Christ’s Coming? , Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #40
- Why is the Lord’s Hand Stretched Out Still"?", Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #49
- Why Did Moroni Quote Isaiah 11 to Joseph Smith?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #50
- Where Did Joseph Smith Get His Ideas about the Physical and Spiritual Gathering of Israel?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #290
- How Thomas B. Marsh was Led to the Book of Mormon Without Knowing It, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #485
- What Do Nephi and Isaiah Say about the End Times?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #46
- Did Interactions with Others" Influence Nephi’s Selection of Isaiah?", Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #45
- Why Did Lehi Suppose" the Existence of Satan?", Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #43
- How Do the Psalms Quoted in the Book of Mormon Teach about the Temple?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #437
- Why Does Nephi Quote a Temple Psalm While Commenting on Isaiah?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #51
- Why Did Nephi Connect Isaiah’s Prophecies with Joseph Who Was Sold into Egypt?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #375
- Why Did Nephi Say an Angel Had Revealed the Name Jesus Christ?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #304
- Why Does Nephi State that We Are Saved by Grace "After All We Can Do?", Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #371
- Why Is the Book of Mormon So Focused on Jesus Christ?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #484
- What Can We Learn from 10 of the Best Chiasms in the Book of Mormon? Part 1, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #349
- Why Do Certain "Treasured Words" Appear So Repeatedly in General Conference Talks?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #69
- Why Does the Book of Mormon Say We Must Worship God with Our Whole Soul?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #467
- How Does Nephi Help Us Understand Isaiah?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #47