As you read Mormon 1–6, ponder what you learn from Mormon’s example. Record what you feel inspired to do.
Mormon 1: Ammaron instructs Mormon concerning the sacred records—War commences between the Nephites and the Lamanites—The Three Nephites are taken away—Wickedness, unbelief, sorceries, and witchcraft prevail. About A.D. 321–26.
Mormon 2: Mormon leads the Nephite armies—Blood and carnage sweep the land—The Nephites lament and mourn with the sorrowing of the damned—Their day of grace is passed—Mormon obtains the plates of Nephi—Wars continue. About A.D. 327–50.
Mormon 3: Mormon cries repentance unto the Nephites—They gain a great victory and glory in their own strength—Mormon refuses to lead them, and his prayers for them are without faith—The Book of Mormon invites the twelve tribes of Israel to believe the gospel. About A.D. 360–62.
Mormon 4: War and carnage continue—The wicked punish the wicked—Greater wickedness prevails than ever before in all Israel—Women and children are sacrificed to idols—The Lamanites begin to sweep the Nephites before them. About A.D. 363–75.
Mormon 5: Mormon again leads the Nephite armies in battles of blood and carnage—The Book of Mormon will come forth to convince all Israel that Jesus is the Christ—Because of their unbelief, the Lamanites will be scattered, and the Spirit will cease to strive with them—They will receive the gospel from the Gentiles in the latter days. About A.D. 375–84.
Mormon 6: The Nephites gather to the land of Cumorah for the final battles—Mormon hides the sacred records in the hill Cumorah—The Lamanites are victorious, and the Nephite nation is destroyed—Hundreds of thousands are slain with the sword. About A.D. 385.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Jesus Said Love Everyone, Children’s Songbook, 61
- Mormon 1–6 (Ensign Support Articles and Activities)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Labor Diligently to Write: The Ancient Making of a Modern Scripture — Chapters 16-18, Brant A. Gardner
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 42: Mormon 1-6, Jonn Claybaugh
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me Book of Mormon Lesson 42 (Mormon 1-6)
- Mormon 1-9. I Write that Ye Might Believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Taylor Halverson, November 12, 2016
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 43, “How Could Ye Have Departed from the Ways of the Lord?”, October 23, 2016
- Scripture Roundtable: Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Lesson 40, “Then Will I Gather Them In”, October 11, 2016
- Gentiles in the Book of Mormon, John Hilton III, September 20, 2019
- “Swearing by Their Everlasting Maker”: Some Notes on Paanchi and Giddianhi, Matthew L. Bowen, March 2, 2018
- “O Ye Fair Ones” — Revisited, Matthew L. Bowen, June 23, 2016
- Some Notes on Book of Mormon Names, Stephen D. Ricks, April 19, 2013
Resources on Other Sites
- Come Follow Me 2020: Mormon 1-6, Book of Mormon Central
- Mormon 1-6, John W. Welch (Book of Mormon Central Archive)
- Come Follow Me (Insights into Mormon 1-6, Oct 26–Nov 1), Taylor Halverson and Tyler Griffin
- Come, Follow Me with John Hilton III (Mormon 1–6), Book of Mormon Central
- Come, Follow Me with Taylor Halverson (Mormon 1–6), Book of Mormon Central
- How Do the Events of Mormon’s Life Shape the Entire Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #582
- Come Follow Me – Mormon 1-6 (part 1): “Quick to Observe”, Unshaken
- Come Follow Me – Mormon 1-6 (part 2): “O Ye Fair Ones”, Unshaken
- Come Follow Me Mormon 1-6 (Oct 26-Nov 1), Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: “I Would That I Could Persuade All … to Repent”, Mormon 1-6, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #42: “I Would That I Could Persuade All … to Repent”, Mormon 1-6, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me for Sunday School: “I Would That I Could Persuade All to Repent”, Mormon 1-6, Meridian Magazine
- October 26-November 1, 2020 Come, Follow Me Songs, Music for Latter-day Life
- Mormon 1 to 6 – “I Would That I Could Persuade All … to Repent”, BYU Studies
- The “Author” and the “Finisher” of the Book of Mormon, BYU Religious Studies Center
- Preparing for the Judgment, BYU Religious Studies Center
- Mormon, the Man and the Message, BYU Religious Studies Center
- What Do We Know about Mormon’s Upbringing?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #226
- Why Doesn’t God Punish Us the Moment We Sin?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #387
- Why Did Mormon Write So Little about His Own Time Period?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #227
- Why is the 10-Year Peace Treaty Important?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #228
- Why Did the Lamanites Sacrifice Women and Children to Idols?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #229
- What Was Mormon’s Purpose in Writing the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #230
- How Could So Many People Have Died at the Battle of Cumorah?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #231
- How Did Mormon React to Seeing His People Slain?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #232
- Where is the Location of the Hill Cumorah?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #489
- How Are Oliver Cowdery’s Messenger and Advocate Letters to Be Understood and Used?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #453