The Lord commanded His disciples to write the things they experienced (see 3 Nephi 27:23–24). As you study, write down the spiritual experiences you have.
3 Nephi 27: Jesus commands them to call the Church in His name—His mission and atoning sacrifice constitute His gospel—Men are commanded to repent and be baptized that they may be sanctified by the Holy Ghost—They are to be even as Jesus is. About A.D. 34–35.
3 Nephi 28: Nine of the twelve disciples desire and are promised an inheritance in Christ’s kingdom when they die—The Three Nephites desire and are given power over death so as to remain on the earth until Jesus comes again—They are translated and see things not lawful to utter, and they are now ministering among men. About A.D. 34–35.
3 Nephi 29: The coming forth of the Book of Mormon is a sign that the Lord has commenced to gather Israel and fulfill His covenants—Those who reject His latter-day revelations and gifts will be cursed. About A.D. 34–35.
3 Nephi 30: The latter-day Gentiles are commanded to repent, come unto Christ, and be numbered with the house of Israel. About A.D. 34–35.
4 Nephi: The Nephites and the Lamanites are all converted unto the Lord—They have all things in common, work miracles, and prosper in the land—After two centuries, divisions, evils, false churches, and persecutions arise—After three hundred years, both the Nephites and the Lamanites are wicked—Ammaron hides up the sacred records. About A.D. 35–321.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- The Church of Jesus Christ, Children’s Songbook, 77
- Doctrine and Covenants 115:4
- The Correct Name of the Church, President Russell M. Nelson, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2018, 87–80
- The Importance of a Name, Elder M. Russell Ballard, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2011, 79–82
- Desire, President Dallin H. Oaks, Ensign or Liahona, May 2011, 44–45
- Guide to the Scriptures: Translated Beings
- Moses 7:18
- Chapter 18: Beware of Pride, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson (2014), 229–40
- Receiving a Testimony of Light and Truth, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2014, 21
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- “Come unto Me” as a Technical Gospel Term, Noel B. Reynolds, January 4, 2019
- Gentiles in the Book of Mormon, John Hilton III, September 20, 2019
- “See That Ye Are Not Lifted Up”: The Name Zoram and Its Paronomastic Pejoration, Matthew L. Bowen, March 18, 2016
- The Crucifixion as a Mockery, Witness, and Warning of the Judgment, George L. Mitton, April 19, 2019
- The Gospel According to Mormon, Noel B. Reynolds, June 15, 2018
Resources on Other Sites
- How Does the Gospel Bring Us unto Christ?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #338
- Where Does the Book of Mormon Declare the First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #276
- Why Is 3 Nephi Sometimes Called the "Fifth Gospel"?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #222
- Was the Book of Mormon Used as the First Church Administrative Handbook?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #72
- Why Must We Do What Jesus Did?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #221
- Why Must Christ’s True Church Be Called after His Name?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #482
- Did the Book of Mormon Witnesses Really See What They Claimed?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #521
- How Was the Transfiguration of Jesus and the Three Nephites a Temple-Like Experience?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #509
- Why Was the 3 Nephites’ Wish Helpful for Mormon and Moroni?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #223
- What Did the Early Saints Learn about the Second Coming from the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #318
- Why Did Mormon End Third Nephi with Such Serious Woes?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #224
- Why Did the Peace Last So Long in 4 Nephi?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #225