As you study Isaiah 58–66, consider how Isaiah’s words bring you joy and hope for the future.
Isaiah 58: The true law of the fast, with its purposes and attendant blessings, is set forth—The commandment to keep the Sabbath is given.
Isaiah 59: The people of Israel are separated from their God by iniquity—Their sins testify against them—The Messiah will intercede, come to Zion, and redeem the repentant.
Isaiah 60: In the last days, Israel will rise again as a mighty nation—The gentile peoples will join with and serve Israel—Zion will be established—Finally, Israel will dwell in celestial splendor.
Isaiah 61: Isaiah speaks about the Messiah—The Messiah will have the Spirit, preach the gospel, and proclaim liberty—In the last days, the Lord will call His ministers and make an everlasting covenant with the people.
Isaiah 62: In the last days, Israel will be gathered—Zion will be established—Her watchmen will teach about the Lord—The gospel standard will be lifted up—The people will be called holy, the redeemed of the Lord.
Isaiah 63: The Second Coming will be a day of vengeance and also the year of the redeemed of the Lord—Then the Saints will praise the Lord and acknowledge Him as their father.
Isaiah 64: The people of the Lord pray for the Second Coming and for the salvation that will then be theirs.
Isaiah 65: Ancient Israel was rejected for rejecting the Lord—The Lord’s people will rejoice and triumph during the Millennium.
Isaiah 66: At the Second Coming, Israel, as a nation, will be born in a day; the wicked will be destroyed; and the Gentiles will hear the gospel.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Aaronic Priesthood Quorums and Young Women Classes (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- “When He Comes Again,” Children’s Songbook, 82–83.
- Isaiah 58–66 – What Was Jesus Anointed to Do?, Liahona – Come, Follow Me: Old Testament
- Chapter 47: The Prophets Tell about Jesus
- Old Testament Seminary Student Material: Lesson 134: Isaiah 58
- Old Testament Seminary Student Material: Lesson 135: Isaiah 59–66
- Old Testament Study Guide for Home-Study Seminary Students: Unit 26: Day 4, Isaiah 58
- Old Testament Study Guide for Home-Study Seminary Students: Unit 27: Day 1, Isaiah 59–66
- Old Testament Institute Student Manual Kings-Malachi: The Last Days and the Millennium (Isaiah 55–66)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 41: Isaiah 58–66, Jonn Claybaugh
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me Old Testament Lesson 41 (Isaiah 58–66)
- Carli Anderson on “Enthroning the Daughter of Zion: The Coronation Motif of Isaiah 60-62”, Administration, April 6, 2015
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 1, “That Ye Might Believe That Jesus Is the Christ”, Administration, October 24, 2014
- Scripture Roundtable: Old Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 40, “Enlarge the Place of Thy Tent”, Administration, September 21, 2014
- Isaiah 2.0 with Joseph M. Spencer, LDS Perspectives, September 5, 2018
- Ann Madsen on “Temples in the Margins: The Temple in Isaiah”, Administration, June 4, 2015
- The Role and Purpose of Synagogues in the Days of Jesus and Paul, Taylor Halverson, October 1, 2019
- The Great Isaiah Scroll (1QIsaa)—Catalogue of Textual Variants, Donald W. Parry, October 16, 2020
- Missing Words: King James Bible Italics, the Translation of the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith as an Unlearned Reader, Stan Spencer, July 10, 2020
- An Approach to Isaiah Studies, Donald W. Parry, January 10, 2020
- Their Imperfect Best: Isaianic Authorship from an LDS Perspective, Daniel T. Ellsworth, September 15, 2017
Resources on Other Sites
- Come, Follow Me Week 41 – Isaiah 58-66, FAIR
- PART 1 | Isaiah 58-66 | Oct 3–9 | Come Follow Me Insights, Book of Mormon Central
- PART 2 | Isaiah 58-66 | Oct 3–9 | Come Follow Me Insights, Book of Mormon Central
- The Armor of God in Isaiah 59 (Come, Follow Me: Isaiah 58-66), Book of Mormon Central
- Isaiah: Second Coming & Millennium (Come, Follow Me: Isaiah 58-66), Book of Mormon Central
- 4 Simple Missions the Savior GivesUs (Come, Follow Me: Isaiah 58-66), Book of Mormon Central
- God Wants to Bless Us (Come, Follow Me: Isaiah 58-66), Book of Mormon Central
- The Themes Found in Isaiah (Come, Follow Me: Isaiah 58-66), Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Old Testament Isaiah 58-66 (Oct. 3-9) Don’t Miss This, Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me – Isaiah 58-66 part 1 (chp. 58-61): “Beauty for Ashes”, Unshaken
- Come Follow Me – Isaiah 58-66 part 2 (chp. 62-66): “New Heavens & a New Earth”, Unshaken
- Come, Follow Me Podcast #41: “The Redeemer Shall Come to Zion”, Isaiah 58-66, Meridian Magazine
- Isaiah 58–66 – “The Redeemer Shall Come to Zion”, BYU Studies
- BYU Religious Education Discussions on the Old Testament: Great Are The Words of Isaiah–Part 7: Isa. 52-62
- BYU Religious Education Insights into Isaiah: Wherefore Have We Fasted?
- BYU Religious Education Insights into Isaiah: Thy Light is Come
- BYU Religious Education Insights into Isaiah: Fear Not
- BYU Religious Education Insights into Isaiah: We Are the Clay
- BYU Religious Education Insights into Isaiah: My Soul Delighteth in His Words
- “Her Stakes Must Be Strengthened” (D&C 82:14): The Symbolism of Isaiah’s Tent, Richard W. Hall, Religious Educator 3, no. 2 (2002): 67–75
- Chiasmus in the Book of Mormon, John W. Welch, in Book of Mormon Authorship: New Light on Ancient Origins, ed. Noel B. Reynolds (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 1982), 33–52
- The Gathering of Israel and Coming of the Messiah, in Old Testament Student Manual, Kings-Malachi
- The Last Days and the Millennium, in Old Testament Student Manual, Kings-Malachi