Matthew 1: Christ is born of Mary—She conceives by the power of the Holy Ghost—Our Lord is named Jesus.
Luke 1: Gabriel promises Zacharias that Elisabeth will bear a son, whom they will name John—He also tells Mary that she will be the mother of the Son of God—Mary visits Elisabeth and utters a psalm of praise—John the Baptist is born—Zacharias prophesies of John’s mission.
- Come, Follow Me Study and Teaching Helps — Lesson 2: January 2–8, Jonn Claybaugh
- The New Testament in Context: Come, Follow Me Lesson 2
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 2, “Be It unto Me according to Thy Word”
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Sorting Out the Seven Marys in the New Testament, Blair G. Van Dyke
- The Four Gospels as Testimonies, Frank F. Judd Jr.
- Why was Jesus swaddled and laid in a manger?, Messages of Christ
- Our Savior in the Gospels: Luke 1-2 and Matthew 1-2: The Birth of Jesus
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 1; Luke 1, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me: Matthew 1 and Luke 1, Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me Podcast 2 January 7 – 13 “Be It unto Me according to Thy Word” — Matthew 1; Luke 1, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 1; Luke 1, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” January 7–13: “Be It unto Me According to Thy Word”, LDS Living