During the next two weeks, ponder Peter’s testimony, found in Matthew 16:15–17, and the testimonies of the prophets and apostles that you will hear during general conference.
Matthew 16: Jesus warns against the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees—Peter testifies that Jesus is the Christ and is promised the keys of the kingdom—Jesus foretells His death and resurrection.
Matthew 17: Jesus is transfigured before Peter, James, and John on the mount—Jesus heals a lunatic, tells of His coming death, and pays taxes in a miraculous manner.
Mark 9: Jesus is transfigured on the mountain—He casts out an unclean spirit—He teaches concerning His death and resurrection, who will be greatest, and the condemnation of those who offend His little ones.
Luke 9: The Twelve are sent out—Jesus feeds the five thousand—Peter testifies of Christ—Jesus foretells His death and resurrection—He is transfigured on the mount—He heals and teaches.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Thou Art the Christ (Matthew 16:13-19)
- Whosoever Will Lose His Life for My Sake Shall Find It (Matthew 16:21–28)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 13, “I Will Give unto Thee the Keys of the Kingdom”
- Founded Upon a Rock: Doctrinal and Temple Implications of Peter’s Surnaming, Matthew L. Bowen
- Rethinking the Apostle Peter’s Role in the Early Church, Noel B. Reynolds
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 16–17; Mark 9; Luke 9, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Matthew 16-17; Mark 8-9; Luke 9, Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me Podcast #14–“Thou Art the Christ”, Matthew 16-17; Mark 8-9; Luke 9, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: “Thou Art the Christ”–Matthew 16-17; Mark 9; Luke 9, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: Lesson Helps for Matthew 16-17, Mark 9, Luke 9, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 16-17; Mark 8-9; Luke 9, BYU Studies