Recording impressions can invite further revelation and strengthen your testimony. It also helps you remember your impressions and share them with others in the future.
Ether 12: The prophet Ether exhorts the people to believe in God—Moroni recounts the wonders and marvels done by faith—Faith enabled the brother of Jared to see Christ—The Lord gives men weakness that they may be humble—The brother of Jared moved Mount Zerin by faith—Faith, hope, and charity are essential to salvation—Moroni saw Jesus face to face.
Ether 13: Ether speaks of a New Jerusalem to be built in America by the seed of Joseph—He prophesies, is cast out, writes the Jaredite history, and foretells the destruction of the Jaredites—War rages over all the land.
Ether 14: The iniquity of the people brings a curse upon the land—Coriantumr engages in warfare against Gilead, then Lib, and then Shiz—Blood and carnage cover the land.
Ether 15: Millions of the Jaredites are slain in battle—Shiz and Coriantumr assemble all the people to mortal combat—The Spirit of the Lord ceases to strive with them—The Jaredite nation is utterly destroyed—Only Coriantumr remains.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Faith, Children’s Songbook, 96–97
- Hebrews 11
- Alma 32
- Moroni 7:40–41
- The Infinite Power of Hope, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2008, 21–24; Preach My Gospel, 117
- Doctrine and Covenants 66:3
- Jacob 4:7
- Lord, Increase Our Faith, Elder Neal A. Maxwell, , 84
- Gospel Topics: Grace
- Mormon 6
- Mormon 8:1–10
- Moroni 8:28
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Gentiles in the Book of Mormon, John Hilton III, September 20, 2019
- The Record of My Father, Clifford P. Jones, April 12, 2019
- “They Shall No More Be Confounded”: Moroni’s Wordplay on Joseph in Ether 13:1-13 and Moroni 10:31, Matthew L. Bowen, October 12, 2018
- Place of Crushing: The Literary Function of Heshlon in Ether 13:25-31, Matthew L. Bowen, March 20, 2015
Resources on Other Sites
- Does the Book of Mormon Really Have "Bad" Grammar?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #490
- Why is the Book of Mormon a Classic?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #63
- How Does Grace Help Us Overcome Weakness?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #350
- What Does It Mean to Be a Martyr?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #1
- How Can Trials of Faith Lead to Spiritual Growth?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #356
- Why Must a Trial of Faith Precede a Witness of Truth?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #246
- Why Do the Prophets Speak of Multiple Jerusalems?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #247
- How Could Shiz Move and Breathe After Being Beheaded?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #248