Record the spiritual impressions you receive as you study Alma 32–35. What do you feel inspired to do because of what you learn?
Alma 32: Alma teaches the poor whose afflictions had humbled them—Faith is a hope in that which is not seen which is true—Alma testifies that angels minister to men, women, and children—Alma compares the word unto a seed—It must be planted and nourished—Then it grows into a tree from which the fruit of eternal life is picked. About 74 B.C.
Alma 33: Zenos taught that men should pray and worship in all places, and that judgments are turned away because of the Son—Zenock taught that mercy is bestowed because of the Son—Moses had lifted up in the wilderness a type of the Son of God. About 74 B.C.
Alma 34: Amulek testifies that the word is in Christ unto salvation—Unless an atonement is made, all mankind must perish—The whole law of Moses points toward the sacrifice of the Son of God—The eternal plan of redemption is based on faith and repentance—Pray for temporal and spiritual blessings—This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God—Work out your salvation with fear before God. About 74 B.C.
Alma 35: The preaching of the word destroys the craft of the Zoramites—They expel the converts, who then join the people of Ammon in Jershon—Alma sorrows because of the wickedness of the people. About 74 B.C.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Faith, Children’s Songbook, 96–97
- Gospel Topics: Humility
- Matthew 13:3–8, 18–23
- Hebrews 11
- Faith Is Not by Chance, but by Choice, Elder Neil L. Andersen, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2015, 65–68
- Gospel Topics: Faith in Jesus Christ
- Alma 31:12–23
- 1 Nephi 19:10–12
- Jacob 5:1
- Helaman 8:19–20
- Alma 12:24
- What Lack I Yet?, Elder Larry R. Lawrence, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2015, 33–35
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Labor Diligently to Write: The Ancient Making of a Modern Scripture — Chapters 14 & 15, Brant A. Gardner
- He Knows My Affliction: The Hill Onidah as Narrative Counterpart to the Rameumptom, Matthew L. Bowen, December 27, 2019
- A Nickname and a Slam Dunk: Notes on the Book of Mormon Names Zeezrom and Jershon, Stephen D. Ricks, January 31, 2014
- Apostate Religion in the Book of Mormon, A. Keith Thompson, May 26, 2017
- In His Footsteps: Ammon₁ and Ammon₂, Val Larsen, January 11, 2013
- Nephite insights into Israelite Worship Practices before the Babylonian Captivity, A. Keith Thompson, February 1, 2013
- Onomastic Wordplay on Joseph and Benjamin and Gezera Shawa in the Book of Mormon, Matthew L. Bowen, February 19, 2016
- “See That Ye Are Not Lifted Up”: The Name Zoram and Its Paronomastic Pejoration, Matthew L. Bowen, March 18, 2016
Resources on Other Sites
- Come Follow Me 2020: Alma 32-35, Book of Mormon Central
- How Have LDS Women Shared the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #433
- Why Did Alma Use Creation Imagery in His Sermon on Faith? , Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #140
- What Are the Nephite Articles of Faith?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #141
- Why Must There be an Infinite and Eternal Sacrifice?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #142
- How the Law of Moses Teaches about the Atonement, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #424
- How Did Biblical and Ancient Near Eastern Authors Use Chiasmus?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #340
- Why Would Mankind "Unavoidably Perish" without the Atonement of Jesus Christ?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #317
- Why Was the Zoramite Defection So Disastrous?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #143