As you read the Epistles of Peter, you may receive promptings to act. Record these promptings while you are “yet in the Spirit” (D&C 76:80) so you can accurately capture what you are being taught.
1 Peter 1: The trial of our faith precedes salvation—Christ was foreordained to be the Redeemer.
1 Peter 2: Converts are newborn babes in Christ—He is the chief cornerstone—Saints hold a royal priesthood and are a peculiar people—Saints are in subjection to the laws of man.
1 Peter 3: Husbands and wives should honor each other—Saints should live by gospel standards—Christ preached to the spirits in prison.
1 Peter 4: Peter explains why the gospel is preached to the dead—Saints should speak as the oracles of God—The righteous will be tried and tested in all things.
1 Peter 5: The elders are to feed the flock of God—Humility and godly graces lead to perfection.
2 Peter 1: Peter urges the Saints to make their calling and election sure—Prophecy comes by the power of the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 2: False teachers among the Saints are damned—Lustful Saints will perish in their own corruption.
2 Peter 3: Some in the latter days will doubt the Second Coming—The elements will melt at the coming of the Lord.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support: 1 and 2 Peter (Ensign Articles and Activities at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Bearing Testimony: More Prepared Than You Think (Come, Follow Me Digital Only Article in the Ensign)
- Come, Follow Me—Family Study Fun: Ancestor Academy (Ensign Activities at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 46 (1 and 2 Peter)
- Differing Uses of Metaphorical “Milk” in the Epistles (Hebrews 5), Hales Swift
- Redeeming the Dead in 1 Peter 3:17-20 and 4:6, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 43, “A Chosen Generation”
- Reading 1 Peter Intertextually With Select Passages From the Old Testament, Taylor Halverson
- Now That We Have the Words of Joseph Smith, How Shall We Begin to Understand Them? Illustrations of Selected Challenges within the 21 May 1843 Discourse on 2 Peter 1, Jeffrey M. Bradshaw
- Come Follow Me 2019: 1 and 2 Peter, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me – 1 and 2 Peter, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- 1 and 2 Peter: “Rejoice with Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory”, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me 1 and 2 Peter (Nov. 25-Dec. 1), Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me Podcast #46 — “Rejoice with Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory”, 1 and 2 Peter, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: “Rejoice with Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory”, 1 & 2 Peter, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: “Rejoice with Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory”, 1 and 2 Peter, Meridian Magazine
- 1 and 2 Peter – “Rejoice with Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory”, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” November 25–December 1: “Rejoice with Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: Sharing What Is in Your Heart, LDS Living