Begin by reading Acts 6–9. The suggestions in the Come, Follow Me manuals can help you identify some of the important principles in these chapters, though you may find others in your own study.
Acts 6: The Apostles choose seven to assist them—Stephen is tried before the council.
Acts 7: Stephen recounts the history of Israel and names Moses as a prototype of Christ—He testifies of the apostasy in Israel—He sees Jesus on the right hand of God—Stephen’s testimony is rejected, and he is stoned to death.
Acts 8: Saul persecutes the Church—Philip’s ministry in Samaria is described—Philip performs miracles and baptizes men and women—Peter and John come to Samaria and confer the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands—Simon seeks to buy this gift and is rebuked by Peter—Philip preaches about Christ and baptizes an Ethiopian eunuch.
Acts 9: Jesus appears to Saul—Saul is a chosen vessel—Ananias restores Saul’s sight—Saul is baptized and begins his ministry—Peter heals Æneas and raises Dorcas from death.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support (Ensign Articles and Activities)
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- The Martyrdom of Stephen (Acts 6 and 7)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 27
- Has Anyone Seen God?, Hales Swift
- “What Wilt Thou Have Me to Do?”, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 29, “The Number of the Disciples Was Multiplied”
- Come Follow Me 2019: Acts 6–9, Book of Mormon Central
- Why Was Stephen Executed?, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me – Acts 6-9, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Come Follow Me Acts 6-9 (July 8-14), Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me Podcast #27 “What Wilt Thou Have Me Do?” Acts 6-9, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Families and Individuals: Lesson Helps for Acts 6-9, “What Wilt Thou Have Me to Do?”, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: “What Wilt Thou Have Me to Do?”, Acts 6-9, Meridian Magazine
- Acts 6-9, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” July 8-14: “What Wilt Thou Have Me to Do?”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: A Changed Heart, LDS Living