As you read Matthew 14–15; Mark 6–7 and John 5–6, look for truths that are meaningful to you. You might ask yourself questions such as “How do the accounts in these chapters relate to me?” “What messages do I find for my life?” or “What would I like to share with my family or with others?”
Matthew 14: John the Baptist is beheaded—Jesus feeds the five thousand and walks on the sea—Those who touch the hem of His garment are made whole.
Matthew 15: The scribes and Pharisees contend against Jesus—He heals the daughter of a gentile woman—He feeds the four thousand.
Mark 6: Jesus sends forth the Twelve—John the Baptist is beheaded by Herod—Our Lord feeds the five thousand, walks on the water, and heals multitudes.
Mark 7: Jesus reproves the Pharisees for their false traditions and ceremonies—He casts a devil out of the daughter of a Greek woman—He opens the ears and loosens the tongue of a person with an impediment.
John 5: Jesus heals an invalid on the Sabbath—He explains why men must honor the Son—Jesus promises to take the gospel to the dead—Man is resurrected, judged, and assigned his glory by the Son—Jesus obeys the divine law of witnesses.
John 6: Jesus feeds the five thousand—He walks on the sea—He is the living manna sent from God—Salvation is gained by eating living bread—Jesus explains how men eat His flesh and drink His blood—Peter testifies that Jesus is the Messiah.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Jesus Heals a Lame Man on the Sabbath (John 5:2-12)
- I Am the Bread of Life (John 6:25-71)
- The Feeding of the 5,000 (Matt 14:13-21)
- Wherefore Didst Thou Doubt? (Matt 14:25-33)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 12, “I Am the Bread of Life”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 13, “I Will Give unto Thee the Keys of the Kingdom”
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 14–15; Mark 6–7; John 5–6, Book of Mormon Central
- Jesus Feeding the Multitude, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Matthew 14-15, Mark 6-7, John 5-6, Don’t Miss This
- Jesus Feeding the Multitude, Messages of Christ
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals or Families: Matt 14-15; Mark 6-7; John 5-6, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: Lesson Helps for Matthew 14–15; Mark 6–7; John 5–6, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #13 “Be Not Afraid”, Matthew 14, 15; Mark 6,7; John 5,6, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 14-15, Mark 6-7, John 5-6, BYU Studies