1 John 1: The Saints gain fellowship with God by obedience—We must confess our sins to gain forgiveness.
1 John 2: Christ is our Advocate with the Father—We know God by obedience—Love not the world—Anti-Christs will come in the last days.
1 John 3: The sons of God will become like Christ—Love for others is required to gain eternal life—Obedience ensures us an answer to our prayers.
1 John 4: Try the spirits—God is love and dwells in those who love Him.
1 John 5: Saints are born of God through belief in Christ—Water, blood, and the Spirit testify of Christ—Belief in Christ is required in order to gain eternal life.
2 John: John rejoices because the children of the elect lady are true and faithful.
3 John: John commends Gaius for his help to those who love the truth.
Jude: Contend for the faith—Some angels kept not their first estate—Michael disputed about the body of Moses—Enoch prophesied of the Second Coming—Mockers will come in the last days.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support: 1–3 John; Jude (Ensign Articles and Activities at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—Family Study Fun: Pass-Along Love Cards (Ensign Activities at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 47 (1–3 John and Jude)
- Has Anyone Seen God?, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 44, “God Is Love”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 43, “A Chosen Generation”
- Come Follow Me 2019: 1-3 John; Jude, Book of Mormon Central
- What King Benjamin and John the Elder Teach us about being Children of God, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me – 1-3 John; Jude, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Come Follow Me 1-3 John; Jude (Dec. 2-8), Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me—Podcast #47 “God is Love” 1-3 John; Jude, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Families and Individuals: “God is Love”, 1-3 John, Jude, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: “God Is Love”, 1-3 John; Jude, Meridian Magazine
- 1–3 John; Jude – “God Is Love”, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” December 2–8: “God Is Love”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: What Does It Really Mean to Overcome the World?, LDS Living