1 John 1: The Saints gain fellowship with God by obedience—We must confess our sins to gain forgiveness.
1 John 2: Christ is our Advocate with the Father—We know God by obedience—Love not the world—Anti-Christs will come in the last days.
1 John 3: The sons of God will become like Christ—Love for others is required to gain eternal life—Obedience ensures us an answer to our prayers.
1 John 4: Try the spirits—God is love and dwells in those who love Him.
1 John 5: Saints are born of God through belief in Christ—Water, blood, and the Spirit testify of Christ—Belief in Christ is required in order to gain eternal life.
2 John: John rejoices because the children of the elect lady are true and faithful.
3 John: John commends Gaius for his help to those who love the truth.
Jude: Contend for the faith—Some angels kept not their first estate—Michael disputed about the body of Moses—Enoch prophesied of the Second Coming—Mockers will come in the last days.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 44, “God Is Love”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 43, “A Chosen Generation”