As you read the Epistle of James, pay attention to phrases that stand out to you, and record them. How are you prompted to live these truths?
James 1: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God—Resist temptation—Be doers of the word—James explains how to recognize pure religion.
James 2: God has chosen the poor of this world who are rich in faith—Salvation is gained by keeping the whole law—Faith without works is dead.
James 3: By governing the tongue, we gain perfection—Heavenly wisdom is pure, peaceable, and full of mercy.
James 4: Wars are born of lusts—The friends of the world are the enemies of God—Sin is failure to walk in the light we have received.
James 5: Misery awaits the wanton rich—Await the Lord’s coming with patience—The elders are to anoint and heal the sick.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 42, “Pure Religion”
- James. Exhort and Encourage, Taylor Halverson