As you read Hebrews 7–13, you may receive impressions through the Holy Ghost. Consider ways you can record them; for example, you could record them in your Come, Follow Me manual, in the margins of your scriptures, or in the Gospel Library app.
Hebrews 7: The Melchizedek Priesthood brings exaltation and administers the gospel—It is received with an oath and covenant—The superiority of the Melchizedek Priesthood over the Aaronic Priesthood is explained—Salvation comes through the intercession of Christ.
Hebrews 8: Christ offered Himself as a sacrifice for sin—God promised to make a new covenant with Israel.
Hebrews 9: The Mosaic ordinances prefigured Christ’s ministry—Christ is the Mediator of the new covenant.
Hebrews 10: We are sanctified by the shedding of the blood of Christ—The superiority of His sacrifice is explained—Those who fall from grace through willful sin are damned—The just will live by faith.
Hebrews 11: By faith we understand the word and work of God—The faith of the ancients was centered in Christ—By faith, men subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, and worked miracles.
Hebrews 12: Whom the Lord loves He chastens—God is the Father of spirits—To see God, follow peace and holiness—Exalted Saints belong to the Church of the Firstborn.
Hebrews 13: Marriage is honorable—Christ is the same everlastingly—Paul explains how the Saints are to offer acceptable sacrifices.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support (Ensign Articles and Activities at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Substance of Faith (Hebrews 11)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 44 (Hebrews 7-13)
- Christ as the Mediator of the New Testament (Hebrews 9), Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 37, Jesus Christ: “The Author and Finisher of Our Faith”
- Come Follow Me 2019: Hebrews 7-13, Book of Mormon Central
- How the Dead Sea Scrolls Shed Light on Similarities Between Hebrews and the Book of Mormon, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me – Hebrews 7-13, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Come Follow Me Hebrews 7-13 (Nov. 11-17), Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me Podcast #44—“An High Priest of Good Things to Come”, Hebrews 7-13, Meridian Magazine
- Hebrews 7 to 13 – “An High Priest of Good Things to Come”, BYU Studies