Come, Follow Me
New Testament Lesson 40:
“I Can Do All Things through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me”
When was the last time you read the spiritual impressions you have recorded during your study of the New Testament? It might be helpful to review the promptings you’ve been receiving.
Philippians 1: All that happened to Paul furthered the gospel cause—Our conduct should be worthy of the gospel.
Philippians 2: Saints should be of one mind and one spirit—Every knee will bow to Christ—Saints must work out their salvation—Paul faces martyrdom with joy.
Philippians 3: Paul sacrifices all things for Christ—True ministers set examples of righteousness.
Philippians 4: Stand fast in the Lord—We believe in being honest, true, and chaste.
Colossians 1: Redemption comes through Christ—He created all things, is in the image of God, and is the Firstborn of the Father.
Colossians 2: The fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ—Beware of being deceived by the traditions of men—The handwriting against us was nailed to the cross of Christ.
Colossians 3: Some lives are hidden with God in Christ—The Saints are told to be holy and to serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
Colossians 4: The Saints are told to be wise in all things—Luke and others greet the Colossians.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—Support (Ensign Articles and Activities at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 40 (Philippians & Colossians)
- Paul, the Prisoner, on Publicity (Philippians 1), Hales Swift
- Are Ordinances No Longer a Thing? (Colossians 2), Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 40, “I Can Do All Things through Christ”
- Biblical and Non-Biblical Quotes in the Sermons and Epistles of Paul, John A. Tvedtnes
- Come Follow Me: Philippians; Colossians, Book of Mormon Central
- Philippians; Colossians: “I Can Do All Things through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me”, Book of Mormon Central
- One Powerful Way To “Root Ourselves in Christ”: Come Follow Me Video, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me- Philippians; Colossians, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Come Follow Me Philippians and Colossians (Oct. 14-20), Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me Podcast #40: “I Can Do All Things through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me”, Philippians and Colossians, Meridian Magazine
- What if Paul Came to Your House?, Meridian Magazine
- Philippians and Colossians—“I Can Do All Things through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me”, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” October 14–20: “I Can Do All Things through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: The Light in Your Eyes: Being an Example, LDS Living