Do you see any connections between the messages in general conference and Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians?
Ephesians 1: The Saints are foreordained to receive the gospel—The gospel is to be restored in the latter days—The Saints are sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise—They know God and Christ by revelation.
Ephesians 2: We are saved by grace through faith—The blood of Christ saves Jew and Gentile alike—The Church is built upon the foundation of apostles and prophets.
Ephesians 3: The Gentiles are fellow heirs with Israel—The love of Christ surpasses all understanding.
Ephesians 4: There is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism—Apostles and prophets are essential to the Church—The Saints are exhorted to live righteously—They are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Ephesians 5: The Saints are exhorted to avoid uncleanness and walk uprightly—Husbands and wives should love each other.
Ephesians 6: Children should honor their parents—Servants and masters are judged by the same law—Saints should put on the whole armor of God.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Ye Are No More Strangers (Ephesians 2:10-22)
- Unity of the Faith (Ephesians 4:1-15)
- The Armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 39, “For the Perfecting of the Saints”
- Biblical and Non-Biblical Quotes in the Sermons and Epistles of Paul, John A. Tvedtnes