Begin by reading Luke 2 and Matthew 2, and pay attention to any spiritual insights you receive. The study ideas in this outline can help you identify some of the most important and relevant principles in these chapters.
Luke 2: Heavenly messengers herald the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem—He is circumcised, and Simeon and Anna prophesy of His mission—At twelve years of age, He goes about His Father’s business.
Matthew 2: The wise men are directed by a star to Jesus—Joseph takes the child to Egypt—Herod slays the children in Bethlehem—Jesus is taken to Nazareth to dwell.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Glad Tidings of Great Joy: The Birth of Jesus Christ (Luke 2:1-20)
- Mary and Joseph Travel to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7)
- Shepherds Learn of the Birth of Christ (Luke 2:8-18)
- The Christ Child Is Presented at the Temple (Luke 2:22-38)
- Young Jesus Teaches in the Temple (Luke 2:40-52)
- The Wise Men Seek Jesus (Matthew 2:1-2,11-15)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 3, We Have Come to Worship Him
- There are Many Witnesses to the Birth of Christ, Hales Swift
- Come Follow Me 2019: Luke 2; Mathew 2, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me: Matthew 2, Luke 2, Don’t Miss This
- Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh: Gifts of the Wise Men, Messages of Christ
- Come Follow Me Podcast 3 January 14-20 “We Have Come to Worship Him” — Luke 2, Matthew 2, Meridian Magazine
- Luke 2; Matthew 2, BYU Studies