As you read about Paul’s efforts to preach the gospel, the Spirit may prompt you with thoughts or feelings. Write these promptings down, and make plans to act on them.
Acts 16: Paul is directed in a vision to preach in Macedonia—He casts an evil spirit out of a woman—He and Silas are imprisoned, and they convert the jailor—They admonish all to believe on the Lord Jesus and be saved.
Acts 17: Paul and Silas preach and are persecuted in Thessalonica and in Berea—Paul, in Athens, preaches from Mars’ Hill about the unknown god—He says, We are the offspring of God.
Acts 18: Being rejected by the Jews, Paul turns to the Gentiles—He preaches, ministers, and travels—Apollos also preaches with power.
Acts 19: Paul confers the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands—He preaches and works many miracles—The sons of Sceva fail to cast out devils by exorcism—The worshippers of Diana (Artemis) raise a tumult against Paul.
Acts 20: Paul raises Eutychus from death—Paul is free from the blood of all men—He predicts apostasy from within the Church—He reveals a teaching from Jesus, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 21: Paul journeys to Jerusalem—He is persecuted, arrested, and bound.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support (Ensign Articles and Activities)
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- We Are the Offspring of God (Acts 17)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 31, “And So Were the Churches Established in the Faith”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 32, “Live in the Spirit”
- Come Follow Me 2019: Acts 16–21, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Acts 16-21 (July 22-28), Don’t Miss This
- The Acts to Revelation, Discussions on the New Testament: Acts 14-16 & Gal. 2
- The Acts to Revelation, Discussions on the New Testament: Acts 16-18 & 1 Thes. 1
- The Acts to Revelation, Discussions on the New Testament: Acts 18-20 & 1 Cor. 1-2, 12
- The Acts to Revelation, Discussions on the New Testament: Acts 21-28