Prayerfully read Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24 and John 20–21, reflecting on the joy you have because of the Resurrection of Christ. Ponder how you might share your testimony of this event with others.
Matthew 28: Christ the Lord is risen—He appears to many—He has all power in heaven and earth—He sends the Apostles to teach and baptize all nations.
Mark 16: Christ is risen—He appears to Mary Magdalene, then to others—He sends the Apostles to preach and promises that signs will follow faith—He ascends into heaven.
Luke 24: Angels announce the resurrection of Christ—He walks on the Emmaus road—He appears with a body of flesh and bones, eats food, testifies of His divinity, and promises the Holy Ghost—He ascends into heaven.
John 20: Mary Magdalene, Peter, and John find the empty tomb—The risen Christ appears to Mary Magdalene in the garden—He appears to the disciples and shows His resurrected body—Thomas feels the wounds in Jesus’ hands, feet, and side—Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
John 21: Jesus appears to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias—He says, Feed my sheep—He foretells Peter’s martyrdom and that John will not die.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support (Ensign Articles and Activities)
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Jesus Is Resurrected (John 20:3-18)
- My Kingdom Is Not of This World (Matthew 27; 28)
- He is Risen (John 20:11-17)
- Christ Appears on the Road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-33)
- The Risen Lord Appears to the Apostles (Luke 24:36-41, 44-49; John 20:21)
- Blessed Are They That Have Not Seen, and Yet Have Believed (John 20:24-29)
- Feed My Sheep (John 21: 1-22)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Many Witnesses Testify of the Resurrection of Christ, Hales Swift
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 25
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 27, “He Is Not Here, for He Is Risen”
- The Book of Mormon Versus the Consensus of Scholars: Surprises from the Disputed Longer Ending of Mark, Part 1, Jeff Lindsay
- The Book of Mormon Versus the Consensus of Scholars: Surprises from the Disputed Longer Ending of Mark, Part 2, Jeff Lindsay
- The Apocryphal Acts of Jesus, John Gee
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20-21, Book of Mormon Central
- The unique way that the Book of Mormon is a symbol of Jesus Christ’s Resurrection, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me – Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20-21, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Why Does Part of the Long Ending of Mark Show Up in the Book of Mormon?, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me: Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20-21(June 24-30), Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me Podcast #25 “He is Risen” Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20-21, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: “He is Risen” Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20–21, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20—21, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” June 24–30: “He Is Risen”, LDS Living
- “Come, Follow Me” FHE: Choose to Believe, LDS Living