As you read the Savior’s teachings in John 13–17, the Holy Ghost will help you identify messages for you. Record the impressions you receive.
John 12: Mary anoints Jesus’ feet—His triumphal entry into Jerusalem is recounted—He foretells His death—To receive Christ is to receive the Father.
John 13: Jesus washes the feet of the Twelve—He identifies Judas as His betrayer—He commands them to love one another.
John 14: Jesus speaks of many mansions—He says that He is the way, the truth, and the life and that to see Him is to see the Father—He promises the first and second Comforters.
John 15: Jesus is the vine; His disciples are the branches—He discourses on the perfect law of love—His servants have been chosen and ordained by Him—The world hates and fights true religion—He promises the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth.
John 16: Jesus discourses on the mission of the Holy Ghost—He tells of His death and resurrection, announces that He is the Son of God, and says that He has overcome the world.
John 17: Jesus offers the great Intercessory Prayer—He is glorified by gaining eternal life—He prays for His Apostles and all the Saints—He explains how the Father and Son are one.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
- Come, Follow Me—Support (Ensign Articles and Activities)
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- The Last Supper (John 13:1-35)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 22
- I Show My Love for Jesus Christ by Keeping His Commandment to Love, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 23, “Love One Another, As I Have Loved You”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 24, “This Is Life Eternal”
- Two Notes on the Language Used in the Last Supper Accounts by Robert S. Boylan
- “I Have Revealed Your Name”: The Hidden Temple in John 17, William J. Hamblin
- Come Follow Me 2019: John 13-17, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me – John 13-17, Book of Mormon Central Archive
- Come Follow Me: John 13-17, Don’t Miss This
- Come Follow Me—Podcast #22 “Continue Ye in My Love”, John 13-17, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: John 13-17, “Continue Ye in My Love”, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: “Continue Ye in My Love”, John 13-17, Meridian Magazine
- Holy Week: The Anointing of Jesus, Messages of Christ
- Holy Week: Triumphal Entry, Messages of Christ
- “Continue Ye in My Love” John 13-17, BYU Studies
- “Come, Follow Me” June 3–9: “Continue Ye in My Love”, LDS Living
- “Come Follow Me” FHE: The Holy Ghost, LDS Living