As you read the Savior’s teachings in John 13–17, the Holy Ghost will help you identify messages for you. Record the impressions you receive.
John 12: Mary anoints Jesus’ feet—His triumphal entry into Jerusalem is recounted—He foretells His death—To receive Christ is to receive the Father.
John 13: Jesus washes the feet of the Twelve—He identifies Judas as His betrayer—He commands them to love one another.
John 14: Jesus speaks of many mansions—He says that He is the way, the truth, and the life and that to see Him is to see the Father—He promises the first and second Comforters.
John 15: Jesus is the vine; His disciples are the branches—He discourses on the perfect law of love—His servants have been chosen and ordained by Him—The world hates and fights true religion—He promises the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth.
John 16: Jesus discourses on the mission of the Holy Ghost—He tells of His death and resurrection, announces that He is the Son of God, and says that He has overcome the world.
John 17: Jesus offers the great Intercessory Prayer—He is glorified by gaining eternal life—He prays for His Apostles and all the Saints—He explains how the Father and Son are one.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- The Last Supper (John 13:1-35)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 23, “Love One Another, As I Have Loved You”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 24, “This Is Life Eternal”
- Two Notes on the Language Used in the Last Supper Accounts by Robert S. Boylan
- “I Have Revealed Your Name”: The Hidden Temple in John 17, William J. Hamblin