Joseph Smith—Matthew 1: Jesus foretells the impending destruction of Jerusalem—He also discourses on the Second Coming of the Son of Man, and the destruction of the wicked.
Matthew 25: Jesus gives the parables of the ten virgins, the talents, and the sheep and the goats.
Mark 12: Jesus gives the parable of the wicked husbandmen—He speaks of paying taxes, celestial marriage, the two great commandments, the divine sonship of Christ, and the widow’s mites.
Mark 13: Jesus tells of the calamities and signs preceding the Second Coming—There will be false Christs and false prophets—He gives the parable of the fig tree.
Luke 21: Jesus foretells the destruction of the temple and of Jerusalem—He tells of the signs to precede His Second Coming and gives the parable of the fig tree.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- The Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13)
- The Parable of the Talent (Matthew 25:14-30)
- Ye Have Done it Unto Me (Matthew 25:31-46)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 21, “What Is the Sign of Thy Coming?”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 22, “Inherit the Kingdom Prepared for You”
- Matthew 25. Preparing for the Kingdom of Heaven – Taylor Halverson
- Come Follow Me 2019: Joseph Smith—Matthew 1; Matthew 25; Mark 12-13; Luke 21, Book of Mormon Central
- Joseph Smith Matthew 1; Matthew 25; Mark 12-13; Luke 21, Don’t Miss This