Matthew 10: Jesus instructs and empowers the Twelve Apostles and sends them forth to preach, minister, and heal the sick—Those who receive the Twelve receive the Lord.
Matthew 11: Jesus acclaims John as more than a prophet—The cities of Chorazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum are rebuked for unbelief—The Son reveals the Father—The yoke of Christ is easy, and His burden is light.
Matthew 12: Jesus proclaims Himself Lord of the Sabbath and heals on the Sabbath day—He is accused of casting out devils through the power of Beelzebub—He speaks of blasphemy against the Holy Ghost and says that an evil and adulterous generation seeks signs.
Mark 2: Jesus forgives sins, heals a paralytic, eats with tax gatherers and sinners, and announces that He is Lord of the Sabbath.
Luke 7: Jesus heals the centurion’s servant—Jesus raises from death the son of the widow of Nain—He praises John the Baptist as more than a prophet—A woman anoints Jesus’ feet, and He forgives her sins.
Luke 11: Jesus gives the Lord’s Prayer—He discusses the casting out of devils—He acclaims Himself as greater than Jonah and Solomon—He rebukes the Pharisees and says that the blood of all the prophets may be required of their generation.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Jesus Calls Twelve Apostles to Preach and Bless Others (Matthew 10:1-5)
- Jesus Acclaims John the Baptist / Come Unto Me (Matthew 11:1-30)
- A House Divided (Luke 11:14-26; Matthew 12:31-42)
- Widow of Nain (Luke 7:11-16)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 11
- The Lord Gives His Servants Power to Do His Work, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 6, “They Straightway Left Their Nets”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 7, “[He] Took Our Infirmities, and Bare Our Sicknesses”
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 10, “Take My Yoke upon You, and Learn of Me”
- Luke 4-6 and Matthew 10. Faithfully Responding to God’s Call, Taylor Halverson
- Matthew 11 and Luke 7, 11-13. Coming Unto Christ and Learning of Him, Taylor Halverson
- The Yoke of Christ: A Light Burden Heavy With Meaning, Jeff Lindsay
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 10–12; Mark 2; Luke 7; 11, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me: Matthew 10 12; Mark 2; Luke 7 &11, Don’t Miss This
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: Lesson Helps for Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7, 11, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: Lesson Helps for Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7, 11, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #11—“These Twelve Jesus Sent Forth”, Matthew 10-12; Mark 2; Luke 7;11, Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 10–12; Mark 2; Luke 7; 11, BYU Studies