As you read Matthew 8–9 and Mark 2–5, be responsive to impressions you receive from the Holy Ghost. Consider writing down the promptings you receive and the things you can do to act on those promptings.
Matthew 8: Jesus heals a leper, cures the centurion’s servant and others, stills the tempest, and casts out devils—The devils enter a herd of swine.
Matthew 9: Jesus forgives sins, heals a paralytic, and calls Matthew—Jesus eats with sinners, heals a woman who touches His garments, and raises Jairus’s daughter to life—He opens the eyes of the blind, casts out a devil, and preaches the gospel.
Mark 2: Jesus forgives sins, heals a paralytic, eats with tax gatherers and sinners, and announces that He is Lord of the Sabbath.
Mark 3: Jesus heals on the Sabbath day—He chooses and ordains the Twelve Apostles—He asks, Can Satan cast out Satan?—Jesus speaks of blasphemy against the Holy Ghost and identifies those who believe as being members of His family.
Mark 4: Jesus gives the parables of the sower, the candle under a bushel, the seed growing secretly, and the mustard seed—He stills the tempest.
Mark 5: Jesus casts out a legion of devils, who then enter the swine—A woman is healed by touching Jesus’ clothes—He raises Jairus’s daughter from the dead.
Lesson Manuals on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary
Additional Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Jesus Forgives Sins and Heals a Man Stricken with Palsy (Mark 2:1-12)
- Jesus Raises the Daughter of Jairus (Mark 5:22-24, 35-43)
- Jesus Heals a Woman of Faith (Mark 5:22-43)
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Audio Roundtable: Come, Follow Me New Testament Lesson 10
- I Can Defend My Beliefs by Teaching True Principles, Hales Swift
- Scripture Roundtable: New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson 7, “[He] Took Our Infirmities, and Bare Our Sicknesses”
- The Gospel of Mark with Julie Smith
- A Redemptive Reading of Mark 5:25-34, Julie M. Smith
- Come Follow Me 2019: Matthew 8–9; Mark 2–5, Book of Mormon Central
- Come Follow Me Matthew 8-9 Mark 2-5 Don’t Miss This, Don’t Miss This
- The Healing Touch and the Woman with an Issue of Blood, Messages of Christ
- Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families: Lesson Helps for Matthew 8-9; Mark 2-5, Meridian Magazine
- Come, Follow Me for Sunday School: Matthew 8-9; Mark 2-5, Meridian Magazine
- Come Follow Me Podcast #10—“Thy Faith Hath Made Thee Whole”, Mark 2-5, Matthew 8,9. (Mar. 4-10), Meridian Magazine
- Matthew 8–9; Mark 2–5, BYU Studies