The inspiration you receive as you ponder the scriptures is precious. You can show that you treasure it by recording and acting on it.
Alma 13: Men are called as high priests because of their exceeding faith and good works—They are to teach the commandments—Through righteousness they are sanctified and enter into the rest of the Lord—Melchizedek was one of these—Angels are declaring glad tidings throughout the land—They will declare the actual coming of Christ. About 82 B.C.
Alma 14: Alma and Amulek are imprisoned and smitten—The believers and their holy scriptures are burned by fire—These martyrs are received by the Lord in glory—The prison walls are rent and fall—Alma and Amulek are delivered, and their persecutors are slain. About 82–81 B.C.
Alma 15: Alma and Amulek go to Sidom and establish a church—Alma heals Zeezrom, who joins the Church—Many are baptized, and the Church prospers—Alma and Amulek go to Zarahemla. About 81 B.C.
Alma 16: The Lamanites destroy the people of Ammonihah—Zoram leads the Nephites to victory over the Lamanites—Alma and Amulek and many others preach the word—They teach that after His Resurrection Christ will appear to the Nephites. About 81–77 B.C.
Resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
- Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Sunday School (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Come, Follow Me—For Primary (lesson materials at ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Follow the Prophet, Children’s Songbook, 110–11
- Alma 10:4
- Alma 10:31
- Alma 12:24–27
- Doctrine and Covenants 107:1–4
- The Priesthood and the Savior’s Atoning Power, Elder Dale G. Renlund, Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2017, 64–67
- Chapter 20: The Women of the Church, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball , 215–16
- Doctrine and Covenants 138:55–56
- Matthew 5:43–44
- Mark 14:55–65
- Romans 8:35–39
- 1 Peter 4:12–14
- Doctrine and Covenants 122:5–9
- Alma 10:4–5
- Alma 9:4
Resources on Interpreter Foundation
- Apostate Religion in the Book of Mormon, A. Keith Thompson, May 26, 2017
- Were We Foreordained to the Priesthood, or Was the Standard of Worthiness Foreordained? Alma 13 Reconsidered, A. Keith Thompson, August 12, 2016
- “The Great and Terrible Judgments of the Lord”: Destruction and Disaster in 3 Nephi and the Geology of Mesoamerica, Neal Rappleye, May 29, 2015
- Nephite insights into Israelite Worship Practices before the Babylonian Captivity, A. Keith Thompson, February 1, 2013
- In His Footsteps: Ammon₁ and Ammon₂, Val Larsen, January 11, 2013
Resources on Other Sites
- Why Did Alma Talk about Melchizedek?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #120
- Why Are Ordinances So Important?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #296
- How a Tangent About Foreordination Helps Explain Repentance, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #398
- What Did the Book of Mormon Teach Early Church Leaders about the Order and Offices of the Priesthood?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #330
- Why Does God Sometimes Allow His Saints to Be Martyred?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #351
- What Kind of Earthquake Caused the Prison Walls to Fall?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #121
- Why Did the People of Sidom Go to the Altar for Deliverance?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #122
- Why Did Alma and Amulek Preach in Synagogues?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #124
- Why Was the City of Ammonihah Destroyed and Left Desolate?, Book of Mormon Central KnoWhy #123